welcome!

Whether you've reached this blog willingly or by force I'm happy to have you here.
ersi marina's workroom is always open to the public, even when I am not in. Sometimes I need to sleep.
And to paint.
And to play with my four cats.
My name is Ersi Marina and I live in Spain though I was born and grew up in Athens, Greece. I kept it all very Mediterranean.
This blog is a means to share my work and snippets of my life, as well as to be in contact with you all. I hope you'll enjoy your visit.

Monday, 3 February 2014

pay it forward art-making project for 2014

Good afternoon everyone. Today I was going to post about our meeting with the gallerist yesterday but I decided to wait for a while, so I can write about this fun project that I read about in Jack Oudyn's blog
yesterday.

Copying and pasting from there, this is what it's about:

Step 1 Copy&Paste this (see below) as your latest entry on your favourite social website (in your case, it would be on your blog).
* Pay It Forward Art-making Project for 2014 *

I promise to make a small work of art for the first five people who comment on this post and say "YES, I want in". A 'like' alone is not enough of a commitment, nor is a comment about thinking Pay It Forward is a great idea.

You must in turn post this as your status update and make something for the first five who comment on your status.

The rules are simple:
– It has to be your work, made by you, and the recipient must receive it before 2014 ends.
– It can be anything art-based: a drawing/illustration or a conceptual work of art, a photograph, a knitted item, cross-stitch, paper maché – or anything in between.

I'm paying this forward thanks to Jack Oudyn. Yes, you can be on each other's pay it forward lists.

First five, GO!

PS. It doesn't matter if you aren't an artist, try something out, google/ YouTube how to make stuff, step out of those boundaries.
Step 2 For the first five people who comment on your blog entry saying they want to participate, you will do an art trade with them that must be completed by December 31st 2014. I would count as the first person, so technically you only need another four. If you find your friends are keen, you can do as many as you want.
 
Step 3 All forms of art count including creative writing , photography, digital, anything goes!


Since I am notorious for falling behind on projects, the 31 December deadline suits me just fine. And all those papers I've been doodling / painting on lately may well become small artworks for the exchange. I need fun in my life right now.

I have the same problem as Lisa, not enough natural light to take good photographs. The days are dark and constantly threatening with rain, though we don't get much of that. It's cold and windy, and home is the best place to be. My cats agree.

P.S. The meeting with the gallerist also belongs in the Alice in Wonderland sequence. I think I'll call it an un-meeting. More about it soon.

4 comments:

  1. Well, Ersi, it certainly is a nice idea. And not as boringly repetitive as those chain things that seem to pop up like a virus!
    So...yes, I will join you in this. I've been idle too long,as I said on the blog yesterday!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, one more on board! It's great that you decided to participate, I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun -plus some beautiful new artworks in our collections. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ersi
    I've already signed in with Jack but he does say we can be on each others lists.So, if its OK with you, I'd like to joine you as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'd love that! Thank you, I'm looking forward to having something made by you.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...